Skyjack was formed in 1985 and since then Skyjack has maintained a solid reputation due to the quality and reliability of our products. We became an industry leader by providing machine features that combine durability, quality, and serviceability, making our products world renowned for product reliability.
During the last 30 years, Skyjack was the first to introduce the swing out component tray on scissor lifts, and to launch narrow and high platforms like the SJIII 3226.
In 1994, the company became a publically traded company and shortly after, continued its innovate approach into boom lift products with the exclusive direction sensing drive and steer controls.
In 2002, Skyjack became part of the Linamar Corporation, a diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products powering vehicles, motion, work and lives. Linamar has more than 28,600 employees in 60 manufacturing locations, 8 R&D centers and 25 sales offices in 17 countries in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
In 2007 and 2008, Skyjack acquired two telehandler lines. One from Carelift Equipment that utilized the ZoomBoom brand name, and another from Volvo’s material handling equipment under VR branding.
Skyjack had a landmark year in 2013 as we manufactured our 250,000th machine and the 100,000th SJIII 3219 model, making Skyjack the home of the most popular scissor lift in the world.
Today Skyjack proudly provides companies with quality engineered, simple and reliable access and material handling equipment globally so they can maximize utilization and their return on investment.
With this heritage, Skyjack represents products and a company that is simply reliable.
1985Began to produce scissor lifts
1987First to innovate the swing-out component trays
1992First to produce the 3226 scissor lift (32" wide, 26' high)
1994Became a publicly traded company
1995Exclusive direction sensing drive and steer controls
2002Became part of the Linamar Corporation
2007Acquires Carelift Equipment Telehandlers
2008Acquires Volvo's Material Handling Equipment Business
2013250,000th Skyjack is manufactured
2015Launch of the new TH Series
201530 years in business
2017Unveiled SJ1256 THS
2017Skyjack completes core boom class offerings with launch of SJ85 AJ
2018The introduction of ELEVATE
2018Introduced first compact telehandler SJ519 TH
2019New Full-Size RT Range
2020Launched ELEVATE Live
2021Unveiled SJ20 Vertical Mast
2021Optimized 40' & 60' Boom range
LEADING OUR INDUSTRY THROUGH RELIABLE ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS AND INNOVATION
- Rental Magazine’s 2021 Editor’s Choice Award for our SJ20 Vertical Mast Lift
- EquipmentWatch’s 2021 Lowest Cost of Ownership award for our telescopic boom range
- 2021 Leadership in Lifting Equipment and Aerial Platforms (LLEAP) – ELEVATE Live wins under the Aftermarket Support Products & Service category
- ELEVATE ON wins 2019 International Award for Powered Access (IAPA) for Innovative Technology
- Leadership in Lifting Equipment and Aerial Platforms (LLEAP) – ELEVATE telematics wins under OEM Features or Essential Components
- United Rentals – Skyjack wins Supplier of the Year 2018.
- PartnerLIFT – Skyjack wins Supplier of the Year 2018. The criteria was measured on quality, service, and sales and was voted on prior to the event. Skyjack earned the award in the category of self-propelled work platforms.
- Rental Editor’s Choice 2018 – SJ519 TH. Chosen for several factors, including innovation, utility for the rental market, and audience engagement online at ForConstructionPros.com/Rental, these products represent models that garner the most interest from end-users and rental professionals alike.
- Equipment Today Contractors’ 2018 Top 50 New Products – SJ1256 THS. This award listing showcases the new equipment and products that construction equipment owners and end users identify as the most intriguing.
- Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) 2017 Statistics Outstanding Merit Award. Skyjack won based on a cumulative performance rating of 90 percent or better based on corporate-wide North America performance in areas including timely and accurate data submission, meeting attendance, and timely response to ballots, audits, and surveys during the 2017 calendar year.
- Roads and Bridges Contractors’ Choice Awards 2017 – SJ45 T. The Contractor's Choice Awards represents the top products as selected by the contractor readership of Roads & Bridges magazine.
- Equipment Today Contractors’ 2017 Top 50 New Products – SJIII 4740. This award listing showcases the new equipment and products that construction equipment owners and end users identify as the most intriguing.